MUST!!! Quote from “Approaches To Peace” by David P. Barash and “Getting Past No” by William Ury.
This course surveys the key issues in the study of non-violence, conflict management, and social justice. It introduces non-violence as a philosophy and promotes skills in conflict resolution and actions for social change. The course draws connections between personal, community, and global aggression and ways to make the cultural shift to peace. These include theoretical models, concrete case studies, and experiential learning. Students will acquire an understanding of practical tools and skills, as well as underlying non-violent principles and theory in order to resolve conflicts, contribute to peacemaking in their own lives, in communities, and on a global scale. Personal peace and group conflict resolution include: non-violent communication; interpersonal conflict resolution; integrations of spirituality and civic engagement; practices such as meditation, etc. Social Justice topics include: war resistance and self-determination of people and their resources, the Satyagraha movement of India and the Civil Rights Movement of the U.S. and other global examples; stands against racism; labor struggles; the role of women in building peace; creation of alternative economic structures to corporate privatization. This course relies on the active participation of students in designated community service organizations, class discussions and projects, analysis of current global conflicts, and regular reflections. This course offers an intellectual and experiential way to see how non-violent theory can be applied to social issues such as militarism, racism, ecology, and personal life in our contemporary world. The learning experience includes immersion in the activities of the service learning project, deep and regular reflection, critical analysis, discussions with others. Reflection papers, oral presentations, major paper and 25 hours of service learning are requirements.
1. Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of theories regarding origins of violence and non-violence, conflict and conflict management.
2. Students will explore the recent and current political, economic, social and religious conflicts and specific cases for peace management.
3. Students will interpret the material well enough to offer significant contributions in dialogue drawing from the readings and community service experiences, use lessons to solve problems, and critically reflect on the major concepts and practices in the course.
4. Students will examine the nature of power in society at the levels of personal power, community power, national power and global power and begin to understand what role power plays in securing peace and justice.
5) Students will demonstrate integration of their learning by using various reference materials, websites, and community service to present organized presentation of their own thoughts.
6) Students will apply lessons from critical ethical perspectives to contemporary problems.
7) Students will integrate service-learning experiences into their overall understanding of power, peace, conflict resolution, non-violence, and social justice.
8) Students will discover ways to take action more fully to contribute to civic life as conflict resolvers, social justice participants, and as planetary citizens.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.