ACC 252 Chapter 3 Applying Excel
Using the attached Excel worksheet and the Applying Excel problem beginning on page 142 of your textbook, complete the following:
1. Open the attached Excel file and type your name in cell D10.
2. Complete the worksheet by creating and entering formulas where you see question marks. Work in sequential order as some formulas have already been created for you. All formulas you create should use cell references only. Where it makes sense, take advantage of the autosum function, linking formulas, and the ability to copy formulas down or across. Harness the power of Excel!!
3. Review Requirement 1 on page 144 to test the accuracy of your worksheet, but you do not need to complete any of the questions. Do make note of the unit product costs under traditional and ABC costing for each of the two products based on the original data. You cannot go on until you validate your worksheet against Requirement 1!
4. Revise your worksheet with the changes indicated in Requirement 2 on page 144. Print out your completed worksheet (it should be two pages portrait style). Handwrite the answers to questions a & b at the top of page 145 on the second page of your printout.
5. Skip Requirement 3 on page 145.
6. Modify your worksheet so that the formulas you entered are visible on the worksheet. Go to the “Formulas” tab and select “Show formulas.” Print out page 3 only (when the formulas are showing, it will require 5 pages to print the entire worksheet) by specifying in the Print Settings that you only want “pages 3 to 3.” Some information will be cut off, but that is okay.
Chapter 3: Applying Excel
Enter a formula into each of the cells marked with a ? below
Review Problem: Activity-Based Costing
Annual sales in units 2.000 10.000
Direct materials per unit $25 $17
Direct labor-hours per unit 5 4
Direct labor rate $12 per DLH
Overhead Expected Activity
Activities and Activity Measures Cost Deluxe Tourist Total
Labor related (direct labor-hours) $80.000 ? ? ?
Machine setups (setups) 150.000 3.000 2.000 ?
Production orders (orders) 70.000 100 300 ?
General factory (machine-hours) 250.000 12.000 28.000 ?
Compute the predetermined overhead rate
Estimated total manufacturing overhead (a) ?
Estimated total amount of the allocation base (b) ? DLHs
Predetermined overhead rate (a) ÷ (b) ? per DLH
Compute the manufacturing overhead applied Deluxe Tourist
Direct labor-hours per unit (a) ? DLHs ? DLHs
Predetermined overhead rate (b) ? per DLH ? per DLH
Manufacturing overhead applied per unit (a) × (b) ? ?
Compute traditional unit product costs Deluxe Tourist
Direct materials ? ?
Direct labor ? ?
Manufacturing overhead applied ? ?
Traditonal unit product cost ? ?
Compute activity rates Estimated
Activities Cost Total Expected Activity Activity Rate
Labor related ? ? DLHs ? per DLH
Machine setups ? ? setups ? per setup
Production orders ? ? orders ? per order
General factory ? ? MHs ? per MH
Compute the ABC overhead cost per unit Deluxe Tourist
Activity Expected Expected
Activities Rate Activity Amount Activity Amount
Labor related ? ? ? ? ?
Machine setups ? ? ? ? ?
Production orders ? ? ? ? ?
General factory ? ? ? ? ?
Total overhead cost assigned (a) ? ?
Number of units produced (b) ? ?
ABC overhead cost per unit (a) ÷ (b) ? ?
Compute the ABC unit product costs Deluxe Tourist
Direct materials ? ?
Direct labor ? ?
ABC overhead cost per unit (see above) ? ?
ABC unit product cost ? ?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.