Assignment 1: Application – Comprehensive Patient Assessment
When completing practicum requirements in clinical settings, you and your Preceptor might complete several patient assessments in the course of a day or even just a few hours. This schedule does not always allow for a thorough discussion or reflection on every patient you have seen. As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you take the time to reflect on a comprehensive patient assessment that includes everything from patient medical history to evaluations and follow-up care. For this Assignment, you begin to plan and write a comprehensive assessment paper that focuses on one female patient from your current practicum setting.
To prepare Please ensure no plagiarism
· Reflect on your Practicum Experience and select a female patient ( you can choose, HPV, fibroids, infertility, ovarian cyst, or chronic bacterial vaginosis as the topic)
· Think about the details of the patient’s background, medical history, physical exam, labs and diagnostics, diagnosis, treatment and management plan, as well as education strategies and follow-up care.
Write an 8- to 10-page comprehensive paper that addresses the following:
1. General patient information
c. Partner status
2. Current health status
a. Chief concern/complaint and history of present illness (include a complete
symptom analysis of chief complaint(s) utilizing OLDCART for a sick/problem
b. Last menstrual period or year of menopause
c. DES exposure (if born between 1948 and 1971)
d. Sexual activity status
e. Barrier prevention
f. Sexual preference
g. Satisfaction with sexual relations
3. Contraception method (if any)
4. Patient history
a. Past medical history
• Major medical events (including pediatric events)
• Psychological and mental health
• Surgeries and/or hospitalizations if pertinent
• Medications, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, home
and herbal remedies, calcium, and vitamin supplements
• Allergies, including drug, food, and environment
• Health maintenance/screenings, including results of patient’s last Pap and
mammogram as appropriate, as well as previous vaccinations (HPV,
MMR, hepatitis B, last dT, and pneumovax/influenza as appropriate)
b. Family medical history
c. Gynecologic history
• Nullipara vs. multipara
• History of sexually transmitted infections and sexually transmitted
• Menarche and menstrual patterns
• Menopause or peri-menopausal symptoms (if applicable)
d. Obstetric history
• Gravida and parity status (TPAL)
• Pregnancy history, including history of preterm or low birth weight, other
pregnancy complications, history of sexually transmitted diseases, and
any pertinent negatives
e. Personal social history (as appropriate to the current problem)
• Cultural background
• Education and economic condition
• Abuse history including assault and forced sex (past and current)
• Occupational health patterns
• Current health habits and/or risk factors
• Substance use (must include for every patient)
• Tobacco including frequency and longevity
• Alcohol including results of CAGE unless patient has never used
• Recreational drug use (past and current)
• Exercise and physical activity
• Diet and nutrition
5. Review of systems (ROS)
a. Must include reproductive system as well as other pertinent systems (systems
relevant to HPI should be included under HPI)
6. Physical exam
a. General exam, including vital signs, height, weight, and BMI on every patient
b. Physical exam focused on episodic complaint (include numbers of weeks
gestation, fundal height, and fetal heart tones for OB patients)
7. Labs, tests, and other diagnostics
a. Pertinent labs, test, and other diagnostics (include routine tests such as triple
screen and urine dip for OB patients)
8. Differential diagnoses
a. Explain why this set of differential diagnoses should be considered and why
each diagnosis should be ruled in or ruled out.
9. Management plan
c. Patient education
d. Follow-up care
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available athttp://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
PLEASE REVIEW SAMPLE PAPER ATTACHED BELOW. This is the guide to this assignment
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.